Opening Date: 18th February 2018
Closing Date: 23th November 2018
Please contact the Temple or email email@example.com for further information.
Supporting documents may be required.
The application process will involve telephone and formal interviews.
Traditional Saiva Hindu Temple Sculptor
REFERENCE CODE: SGT_0006
HOURS OF WORK: Full time
Apply for this job
(1) To construct Gopuram tower structure (external construction / exact replica of internal structure) using traditional methods and materials (cement, brick, sand and stone)
(2) Small deity sculptings for Gopuram structure
(3) Minor repair works to internal shrines
(4) Small other external embellishments
Must have strong communication skills and min 5+ years experience of constructing traditional Hindu Temples.
Religious Worker: SAIVA HINDU PRIEST
REFERENCE CODE: SGT0004
STATUS: 37.5 hours / week
HOURS OF WORK: Flexible Working Hours
CONTRACT: 2yrs Fixed Contract
EDUCATION LEVEL: Appropriate Education and Priest Qualifications
- Conduct Pooja’s, Abheskhams, other religious ceremonies and weddings
- Conduct Annual Thirulvilzha Festival
- Deliver religious talks to devotees in either Tamil or English
- Setup Abhshekham and Pooja / preparation for daily and special ceremonies
- Alangaram and decoration to all Deities
- Madapalli work (specialist Priest cooking)
- Assist other Temple Priests with religious ceremonies and festivals
- Garland making and other attributes beneficial
- Report to Chief Priest and Temple Management Committee
- Conferred to Kurukkkalship (Vedaagamas)
- Must have strong communication skills and be able to converse in English and Tamil. Additional languages will be advantageous.
- Accommodation provided next to Temple
- Food & Clothing provided
- Additional other benefits
PAY & CONDITIONS:
- Upon request